Thursday, January 3, 2008

Its official...

So i bought my scale tonight during my late night trip to wallmart to buy some toiletries (gotta love that apricot scrub and astringent! - im such a metrosexual sometimes), oil for my car and some food for the next day. Time flew by me tonight as I was getting my new printer working and all of a sudden it was 11 and too late to do any real grocery shopping. So I bought myself the digital scale, and some food for dinner and tomorrow's breakfast and Lunch.

After I ate my dinner it was time to weigh in. The results...276.2 pounds. I'm pissed. I'm also kind of pleased. I just know that I weighed at least 5-7 pounds more when i decided to do all of this and the past week has seen me lowering my food intake as well as increasing my activity slightly. So hopefully I am correct and the weight really will be slipping off me, especially once I actually get my activity up to par for every day of the work week. From now on, my daily weight will be recorded in the blog and I'll be checking it every morning after my "routine" if you know what I mean. I figure that will be the most consistent and accurate time of the day to check in.

As I mentioned, I bought some food at wallmart. Tonight's dinner was a lean cuisine microwave dinner composed of noodles, veggies, an asian tasting sweet sauce and some ornamentally shaped chicken nuggets. I know, i didn't prepare it. But its late and i need to consciously start working on a normal schedule and cooling food at midnight is stupid. Luckily, that delectable pile of nutritional morsels was only 330 calories. It was high in sodium but it certainly had some nutritional value in it so my penance of guilt wont have to be very expensive. My really exciting purchase was a box of packets of instant organic whole grain oatmeal!!! I didn't read the whole label but these little fuckers have 6 grams of fiber in them per serving!! I'm very impressed and excited about that! I was getting teased the other night over my interest in eating higher fiber foods but I don't care, fiber is really wonderful stuff. Aside from the fact that your body's digestive tract needs lots of soluble and in-soluble fiber to work correctly, regularly, and consistently, it also has numerous other benefits. There is ample evidence that eating diets high in fiber lowers cholesterol serum levels in the bloodstream, lowers blood pressure, and can significantly reduce one's risk of developing colon and other types of cancers. I have often been amazed by just how little fiber shows up on the nutritional information panels of just about every food out there. You really have to work to get it in. The upside to eating plenty of fiber is that if you are getting it dietarily, you are also getting plenty of good healthy beneficial foods that are likely lacking in all of our diets. I don't mean to say we should all go chew on some wood, but perhaps we should all try to get at least 30 grams of fiber each day!! Imagine how much better we could feel?!! I just learned that the average american only gets about 14 grams of fiber in their diet which is far lower than the 30 grams average that is best for men and women (25-30 for women and 30-38 for men). Also, if you get a lot of soluble fiber in your diet, you can feel fuller longer as well as stabilize the amount of sugars that are getting into your bloodstream because this kind of fiber slows down your bodies ability to digest foods containing carbohydrates. So anyways, i am going to try and make sure that I get as much fiber into my day as possible, it will help in all sorts of ways!

I didn't do much exercise today. But at the office I did go through a few reps of situps and pushups. Again, im disgusted in my shape right now. It really is discouraging discovering how hard it is to do the simplest of exercises. I did 4 pushups, then I went and did ten real gym class style situps. 5 more pushups, then I did 7 situps, and then I did 5 more pushups except the last set was done on my knees. It was enough to get my heart going, to discourage me because of how hard it was, and to make me feel a little better about not making the day completely sedentary. Tomorrow, the gym at UALR opens back up so im going to renew my membership there and work out with lisa at 5. I'm excited, and I am also scared to go in there and be seen for all that I am not. Oh well, I'll get over it, and hopefully become much more.

Here's todays lists

weight - 276.2 pounds (this is my starting point, to achieve my goal, i have to reach 256.2 pounds by the morning of feb. 1st)

Breakfast
egg salad made with 2 eggs, 1 tbsp mayo, 1 tsp whole ground mustard on 6 breton crackers.
calories - 680

Lunch
2 once bag of salted roasted cashews
calories - 300

Dinner
1 oz of deli turkey meat i snacked on while waiting for my microwave to stop bombarding my food with high energy radio waves.
1 lean cuisine meal of noodles, veggies, and adult styled chicken nuggets (sesame chicken)
calories - 355

totals
intake - 1335
Output - 3000 (basal) + 250
Caloric loss - 1915

-jonny o

No comments: