Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I wish I had more time

Today kind of sucked on the fitness front. I had to be up at 6:45 after getting barely 3 hours of sleep for a 7:45 call time. Had a commercial to work on all day, so i missed my normal lunch workout, and then I had to get down to some serious photo editing to meet a deadline with a client. She couldnt meet me until 6 so I missed my window to get an afternoon workout in either. None of these are excuses, i could have worked out outside of the gym with my own body but I was gone physically with my extreme exhaustion and the severe muscle fatigue and pain. My workout on Monday is still kicking my ass. My legs are all kinds of messed up. Those squats really did a number on me. Tomorrow I'll be working on stretching them out better and in the future I'll be including some stretching into my workouts at the beginning and the end.

It was also a bad day for food. The folks was working with decided on eating at Zack's which was all plate specials. Thank god the food sucked. The only thing I felt right about was ordering the potroast which was too stringy, too salty, and had too much gravy on it. Thank goodness it really sucked because i didnt eat much of it at all. I ordered some mixed veggies with it that were just as much of a let down. They were practically inedible. I also got a cup of the soup with it which was very good. I was starving at this point so it was nice to actually feel good about eating something. I dont know the calorie content of any of this shit so im going to just say I ate about 500 calories. The soup had whole grain natural rice, black eyed peas, chopped up dried cured ham meat, and a nice wholesome broth. After that I cut a small piece off the cornbread and had that. Wasn't a total loss but I have no clue what I ate in terms of the numbers. For dinner, I cooked Kori and I some chicken scalopini with a creamy caper and lemon sauce. The chicken breasts were beat down thinner, and lightly dusted with some flower, pepper, garlic salt, and chipotle seasoning. I cooked them off in a pan with a scant amount of olive oil and then made the sauce with lemon juice, chicken broth, a TBSP of flower, and the capers. It cooked up immediately, thickened and made a great low cal sauce to dress up the chicken. According to the cook book each serving was 170 calories (if I remember correctly) but i think I had a bit more than a regular serving, so Ill call it 250 calories if u include the oil and the larger meat portion. I served this with broccoli that had lemon zest, garlic, and salt and pepper. For dessert, i attempted an apple crisp that turned into a total sloppy tasteless mess. Ill definitely have to find a low cal recipe for that because me "winging it" sucked. The oats and nuts and the little bit of sugar I put on top started burning too :( . I ate maybe 5 TBSP of this shit before it got offered up as a sacrifice to the gods of the garbage disposal. Im guessing the broccoli and the apple crispy shit bake added another 150 calories. As a snack after I got home it was these soy crisps that I bought that were yummy and low in cals but high in nutrition. I ate less than a full serving which probably added up to about 80 calories. Im going to add anther 150 calories onto todays food because lunch was really a big "who knows".
Im exhausted, so here are my totals, see you tomorrow, ill have much more to say.

Weight - 271
Breakfast
Sandwich with sausage (low fat smoked), cucumber, 1 tsp mayo, and one piece of whole wheat bread
calories - 230
Serving of orange juice
calories - 140
Lunch
Pot roast fiasco
calories - 500
Dinner
Chicken and Broccoli dinner with Kori :)
calories - 400
Snacks
Soy crisps
calories 80
150 calorie over estimation points

Totals
input - 1500 calories
output - 3000(basal metabolic rate)
calories lost - 1500
weight loss to date - 5.2 pounds


No comments: