Thursday, January 10, 2008

January 9th - got back into the gym and into some weird food

Well, I overslept and almost missed my meeting with justin to workout. Lisa gave up on me completely and just went ahead without me. I suck, i overdid it yesterday on 3 hours of sleep and didnt bother setting my alarm today. The result: 11 hours of sleep, ugh. Im hoping my body did a lot of repairing during that time, cause my legs were seriously fucked up for two days. They are feeling better today though, especially after my workout. I stretched some and did 20 minutes on the bike. After the bike it was downstairs to hit the weight machines for another 10 minutes. Did 3 sets of rotating between the lower back machine, the abs machine, and the bench press machine. 20 reps each at whatever weight felt right. My last set involved the pull down bar and the back press (reverse bench press) because one of my machines was being used by someone else.

Food was weird today, it was random and odd. Breakfast was a sausage sandwich and a cookie from one of my roomates, lunch didnt exist, and I snacked on my soy crisps, a tube of cashews, and some peanut butter crackers. Dinner was baked chicken breast tenders that I had marinated a few nights ago in some herbs, sherry vinegar, soy sauce, and my low calorie balsamic dressing. They were good but didnt do anything to my appetite so I ate my last serving of chicken deli meat, and a bowl of oatmeal with some of my mom's grape jelly (made from my dad's grapes!). Can you tell I need to go shopping? Today sucked for food. I need to get better at planning out my meals and taking food with me to the office that is more filling and lower in energy. Again, the fucking nuts killed me and i think those crackers did more to make me hungrier later on this evening. I'll be grocery shopping tomorrow for sure.

On the plus side, I made a concerted effort to drink more water today. Im working on my 9th 8 oz glass of water for the day..probably lower than I should have considering my workout, but its still pretty good!

Well, tomorrow is another day to learn new ways to stay disciplined. Adios Amigos!

Weight - 271.4

Breakfast
one slice of whole wheat bread with some sausage and mayo and a small macademia nut white chocolate chip cookie
calories - 300

Snacks
1.5 servings of soy crisps
calories - 170
Tube of Cashews
calories - 330
Peanut butter crackers (6)
calories - 200

Dinner
1 serving of deli chicken meat, 3 baked marinated chicken breast tenders, bowl of oatmeal with 1 TBSP of homemade grape jelly
calories - 320

Totals
input - 1320 calories
output - 3000 (basal) + 550 (biking + weight machines) = 3550
calories lost - 2230
total weight loss - 4.8 pounds

No comments: