Tuesday, January 8, 2008

January 7th..back to the gym

So I got back into the gym today after 2 days finally. Good thing too, i gained back almost a pound! But im hoping that had partly to do with the fact that I had to weigh after just 5 hours of sleep. We shall see what tomorrow morning brings.

I went with Lisa, and Justin joined me as well. He's shopping around for a new gym and Im trying to convince him that the $25/month that UALR charges is a steal considering their facilities. Anyways, lisa went up to the elliptical and Justin and I stayed downstairs and he showed me some of the crossfit exercises that he does. I cant do pullups, and I was in no mood for situps, so I did squats, pull down bar, and bench presses, all on machines (except for the squats). It took me roughly 20 minutes to do 5 sets of 20 reps each. I varied my weight on the machines, started big but then went down a bit so i could keep up the speed that I was doing my reps. It got tough fast! And i barely did what I should be doing but it was a start. By the time I was done, my whole body felt weak, shakey, and it was a struggle to coordinate my movements. I guess that means I got in a good workout. I also did a machine that exercises your lower back muscles, but that was just to wind down. After that it was upstairs for 10 minutes on the bike. I was able to keep my heart rate above 150 BPM during the whole time which seemed good. All in all i felt pretty good about my workout, it was short, but intense, and I walked away knowing that my body got a good swift kick in the pants. Tomorrow I'll probably do 20 on the bike first and then try to repeat the same exercises i did today. The squats are really tough and I hope my legs will hold up after the biking.

Here's the totals for today.

Weight - 272.4
Breakfast
Bowl of high fiber oatmeal with cranberries and with a banana cut up in it.
calories - 220
One serving of my Yoplait + yogurt with extra fiber and active bacteria
calories - 110
Lunch
Double stack Turkey Subway sandwich (6 inch) with lots of veggies, wheat bread, and spicy mustard ( its cool because the double stack only has 40 more calories than the regular sandwich. Most of the calories in these sandwiches come from the bread but all in all i think it was a really nice balanced meal considering the lean protein and the veggie content)
Calories - 330 (Thanks for the treat Kori!! )
Snack
One slice of cantaloupe
calories - 35
Dinner
Sandwich with one slice whole grain bread, a cucumber, one serving of my low fat smoked sausage, and about a tsp of mayo.
calories - 230

Totals
intake - 925
output - 3000 + (im estimating) 600
caloric loss - 2675
Total Weight Loss - 3.8 pounds

No comments: