Friday, January 11, 2008

January 10th - almost into the 260s

So I got in a great workout today. Met up with justin and I did a whole lot of high rep low weight upper body weight lifing. I did a circuit of 4 machines; bench press, ab press, back press, and pull down bar. I did five total sets rotating between each machine and 25 reps per machine per set. so all in all i did 125 reps on each machine. This took me 30 minutes with only a few very short breaks (waiting for the douches who took my machines to finish). After that I did another 30 minutes on the stationary bike upstairs and took a quick break at 20 minutes. I feel great!

This morning I weighed in at 270 pounds. Its exciting to think that in another day or two I may be below the 270 mark, something that feels really good to say outloud. I've always been a big guy, always had the build of an Irish lumberjack, and I'll always be built like a brick oven. It's nice though to wonder what I'll look like without all the excess packing material. I really cant imagine what Im going to look like, it's been too long since I wasnt trapped by my body. I now have given in to being trapped into not being able to take my shirt off to go swimming, or to be able to shop and have fun in a thrift store, because almost nothing would fit me. It will be nice to lie next to a woman naked and not have to hide my body...that part will be great. Im not there yet, but i sure do feel good about the process so far. I can already see a difference in my face, and my body. The weight loss is starting to manifest itself on me.

My ultimate goal is to be reborn into a different body. During this whole process I am not just looking at the physical appearances of my body and my physical health. Im also looking very intently at the rest of my person and how else I can improve upon myself. I hate to say it, but my physical unhealth is strongly related to the quality of other aspects of my person. There are habbits that I need to alter that do me no good. I work too hard at ignoring things that I know to be right and good for me. I struggle too much at giving up because I think I can't possibly obtain the perfection that I always recognize in others and never in my own talents and abilities. Everything in my life has come to me so easily that I wanted to have it immediately. What I forgot to do was actually try and achieve something of real value, rather than to just say that I've done it well. My life has been about mediocrity and laziness and it is high time I start making it about struggle and achievement. I need to dedicate myself to the values of hard work and perseverance rather than the ease of apathy and mediocrity. Its pure ethics, we act upon our knowledge and beliefs so that we can define a clear path for ourselves. Otherwise, its like living a life lost in the woods and never being able to see the path that got you there. Thats a scary place to be when you are 27.

Here's my totals for the day - again, a random food day but it hasnt been hard, lots of energy to keep me going strong. I'll be doing some meal planning this weekend along with my shopping. Justin gave me some information about the zone diet again today so I think im going to look into it and see what it can do for me.

Weight - 270 pounds
Breakfast
Bowl of high fiber oatmeal with TBSP of grape jelly to sweeten it nice
calories - 170
Snacks
one serving of my soy crisps
calories - 110
medium banana
calories - 100
2 quaker granola bars
calories - 180
4 or these tempting chocolate cookies that a friend gave me to leave at the office (they were wonderful and I wont be eating another one of these bastards ever again! lol)
calories - 185
Dinner
one can of slimfast chocolate shake ( I got lazy tonight )
calories - 190

Totals
input - 935 calories
outpu - 3000 (basal) + 800 (exercise)
calories lost - 2865
Total Weight lost - 6.4 pounds

1 comment:

Erin Moulden said...

Awesome blog today, Jonny.