Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Monday Jan 14th. -took a break this weekend and now my internet is down

So my comcast is fucked up until Monday, so blogging has to be from the office now. I took a break from the calorie counting and exercising this weekend. The gym was closed so I just decided it would be nice to relax. I didnt count calories but I didnt binge either. I did relax on foods slightly. I had sushi with a friend on saturday and then for dinner we had McDonalds. I had a double cheese burger and a fruit and yogurt parfait. The burger was 460 and the parfait was like 160...not too bad, not great, but not horrible.
The sushi is another matter, i have no clue what the count was on it. I had the bento lunch box special at Mt. Fuji. it came with a little bitty side salad with that ginger dressing (i ate half), and miso soup (I ate half). The box had 4 pieces of nigiri of which I only ate the fish and not the rice (i had my friends white tuna as well). The fish pieces were very thin so im sure they didnt have a huge calorie count. It also contained a little bit of seaweed salad, and a little 1 or 2 once serving of this fish casserole that was broiled. The roll was four pieces of this spicy crawfish deal and I had another roll that had 8 pieces in it. The other roll was asparagus and it was two asparagus rolls that looked like they had been tempura fried (i ordered it thinking it wouldn't be, oh well).

Anyways, so that was about all my binge was about, it wasn't really a binge, i didn't leave feeling guilty, or like I had ate too much, it was nice, and I was very satisfied. If this had been a normal sushi affair I would have ate more than i should have because i love it so much...this was good.

Exercise today was great. It felt good to get back into the gym after two days. Afterwards I got a major head rush. I felt high, but not dizzy. Kind of felt for about an hour afterwards like it does when u first take a pill of MDMA and it starts to kick in, which i dont do anymore, but it was interesting. It really is true about exercise being an excellent mood regulator. And it feels great too!

I worked out for about 60 minutes, it was 25 minutes on the bike and another 35 minutes down doing weights. I did another circuit, 4 sets of 25 reps on like 5 machines. Im thinking that today was probably a 700 calorie day. My bike routine has changed, im now doing the "fitness" routine instead of the "bike" program. It is a higher intensity workout where u set your level and that is your base line, it has units that u do, there are probably 6 baseline units u bike and then it runs the intensity up to the maximum the bike can do and you do two units of that. I havnt checked but i think this cycle happens every 45 seconds or so. This seems to really kick my ass, im ready for it to be over by around 8 minutes in. I think I'll be staying with this program for a while because it seems like a much more efficient work out.

So as for monday, here are my totals.

Weight - 268 pounds (no real change)

Breakfast
A bison hamburger with 1 piece of whole grain bread, 1 tsp of may, 1 tsp of ketchup, and one serving of ground bison meat seasoned with sage, garlic, salt, and pepper
calories - 300

Snacks
One piece of dry white toast
calories - 50
Banana Harvest Crisps
calories - 120
3 chocolate cookies
calories - 140
Mixed nuts (1/4 cup)
calories - 160
one serving of deli honey ham slices (6 slices)
calories - 80
8 dried figs
calories - 240

Dinner
One serving of cod, with 1.5 carrots, and half a head of broccoli. I sauteed up everything with 1 tsp of olive oil and made a sauce with capers, lemon juice, chicken broth, 1 TBSP of flower (to thicken) fresh garlic, salt, and pepper.
I actually made two servings of this but my descriptions match one serving. I have the rest tomorrow or the next day.
calories - 270(this is a slight overestimation)

Totals
intake - 1360 calories
output - 3700 calories
Caloric loss - 2340 calories
Total weight loss - 8.6 pounds

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Where in the hell are you getting bison and how do i get some?

Jonny Meyer said...

I buy bison at Kroger. Its sometimes near the ground beef. Usually in a silly little square package.