Monday, March 2, 2009

day one

Weight - 260.4 pounds
Loss to date - 1.6 pounds

So today was my first day. It was a lazy day. All I really accomplished today was running some errands and doing my grocery shopping for the first week or so, and steam cleaning the carpets and all the couches in preparation for getting wally's new playmate bonnie this week from the track in memphis.

I'd just like to say that food prices are ridiculous right now. When the fuck did good food get so fucking expensive? And yes I do have to swear. I'm a demonstrative guy and hopefully you can appreciate that. All I have to say is I cant wait until the local farmer's markets start opening up and I can start buying local and fresh and cheap again. I think im gonna start buying local dairy as well and even forray into making my own fresh cheeses. I think it would be fun.

I didnt work out today, my legs were on the noodley side from yesterday's 30 mile scorcher through the hills of the pinnacle region. Tomorrow will be long intervals with the Dewon crew then off to do hill repeats with a few fast girls and a lot of slow guys (myself probably the slowest).

I learned an interesting fact today about tree nuts. People who regularily eat them have a 50% lowered risk of heart disease in life. Even if you eat one serving of them a week you can lower your risk by 30%. I discovered this while desperately trying to discover how many calories are in just one pecan.

As far as food goes today was fairly protien and carb oriented. I came right up to and hit exactly my 1500 calorie limit for the day. I think it might be wise to make rest days even lower to say 1100 calories and force myself to get creative with the foods I eat. Im feeling very good today, havnt had any nicotine what so ever and my mood has been very good the entire day.

Here is today's food breakdown:

Breakfast
1/2 cup stoneyfield farm organic lowfat vanilla yogert - 90 calories
1 package kroger active lifestyles Maple Brown Sugar and pecan Instant Oatmeal - 180 calories
9 whole Pecans - 40

Lunch
1 carton fat free chocolate milke - 80 calories
1 sourdough bagel with one serving of creamcheese with smoked salmon bits and scallions - 350 calories

2nd lunch
One package of premade rotini in tomato basil sauce - 240 calories
1 Tablespoon cinnamon rasin peanut butter - 80 calories

Snacks
half of a mangoe - 50 calories
2 oz Smoked Salmon - 100 calories
9 chunks of sweet pickels - 90 calories

Dinner
Red Lettuce salad with one egg, one tin of salted anchovies stored in olive oil, and a dressing emulsified with the anchovie oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, emeril's essence, and two cloves of salt crushed garlic. - 200 calories

-Jonny

2 comments:

Unknown said...

get job so far, and the apartment is much nicer now that it's clean. Let me know what i can do to help ya! ~C

jo said...

Can I get you to start prepping my meals? Yours sound much more exciting than turkey patties and sweet potatoes!